The Veterans Of America Motorcycle Club was founded in the late 1980's as a group of veterans who were serious motorcycling enthusiasts.
As we enter the new millennium, our organization has grown to three chapters throughout the state of Wisconsin.
All are involved with community activities and fund raising, and are strong and growing every year.
We were founded to promote:
- Camaraderie between Americans and veterans who are motorcycle enthusiasts, who were proud to serve their country, who honor America’s flag, and who respect their country and the rights of it’s citizens.
- Involvement between ourselves and our community, the people within our community, and the charitable and veterans organizations which help our community.
- The cause of the American Prisoners Of War and the American men and women who are Missing In Action as a result of American involvement in wars and conflicts.
As a group, we are involved with a number of events throughout the year:
- Vet’s Day - These are daylong picnics in which we assist the patients in a day of music, games, and a great cookout, at the Veterans Assistance Program in Union Grove WI., V.A. hospitals in Tomah, WI. and Manteno, IL.
- Numerous rides and fundraisers to assist both Veterans and non Vets.
- Memorial Day Celebrations. (Union Grove, Milwaukee, Crandon)
- Numerous events our club sponsors throughout the year, such as our pig roast/bikini Bike wash, beef roast, horse shoe tournament, boat ride, fishing with the Vets, and our holiday dinner with the displaced Vets at Veterans Assistance Program in Union Grove, WI.
The V.O.A.M.C. makes it one of our top priorities to share our good fortune with many charitable organizations on a regular basis. The following is just a short list:
- Tomah V. A. Hospital
- Tomah Veterans Assistance Center
- Veterans Assistance Program, Union Grove
- Manteno, IL. V. A. Hospital
- Old Soldiers Home in Milwaukee, WI
- Zablocki V. A. Medical Center
- Amputee Coalition and Life without Limbs
- Toys for Tots
- Diabetes Foundation
- Child Abuse Prevention Fund
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters
We hope to have been able to give you some insight to the nature and endeavors of our club and possibly interested you in becoming involved with some of our worthwhile causes.